Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Some work, a slip-up and some cats

It's been a fun few days since I've posted last (already slipping up on keeping up with this). I've been busy, busy, busy watching kids, meeting up with friends, forgetting to meet up with some, getting coffee, doing tattoos and bringing home dinner for boyfriend.

We'll start with Tuesday. I took Jenna and Julia to school, which meant I had an early morning. After dropping them off, I watched Nathan AND his 4 year old sister, Katie. Katie apparently got the stomach bug the night before and stayed home from school. She threw a few fun tantrums before she came to terms that her mom had to work in her office and be left alone for a while. Watched a lot of Nick Jr., then a trip to the grocery store meant that my day was up. Think so? Nope. I only had a few hours of 'me' time before having to go back and pick the twins up from school again. In those few hours, I went to the mall with Dustin because he was on a mission to buy a new denim jacket. Three hours of nit-picking later, he chose one from the Levi's store. That wasn't enough though. He had to go to the craft store too to buy some patches to put on it. I had completely lost track of time until we got home - I had even forgot I was supposed to pick up the

Wednesday. Another day watching kids, taking them to school, watching a baby, meeting the woman I'm house-sitting for, pick kids up again. I mentioned in a previous post that Andrea was supposed to house sit for a lady and her husband with two dogs, but has been so loaded down with school lately that she asked me to take it over for her. I went to see the house and it is on the most beautiful piece of property. There isn't even a gate in the backyard, just grass leading down to the water with a deck. They have canoes! Totally taking them for a spin while I'm there. When I got home, my little sister's boyfriend, Sid, asked if he could have a small tattoo. Dustin had gotten me new machines for Christmas and I was so excited to try them out. So excited that I forgot that my foot was on the pedal when I turned the rig on and - bizzt - tattooed my palm by accident. Rookie mistake? Totally.


Upper mark on my hand: freckle, lower part: tattoo mistake


Thursday, yesterday. Almost the same routine. The twins had a short school week and the day off, but their mom had a parent-teacher conferense for about half an hour and needed them to be watched for just a little. I took the twins to get breakfast while their mom was busy and their mom payed for me when she got back! She's a sweet lady, and they're using their long weekend to go to Vegas to visit their aunt and grandma. Luckies. Anyway, after breakfast, I did the usual three hours of watching Nathan while his mom worked in her office. If I've never mentioned it before, now is the time. There is this gorgeous to-die-for stray cat that hangs out in their backyard that is huge, pure white and with one orange eye and a blue one. This cat has always knocked me out with his handsomeness - until I saw him in the backyard again and went out to pet him. When I followed him around the corner, what I saw almost gave me a heart attack. There was a second one. A SECOND white cat with two different colored eyes! Swear to God, I will be adopting them before I move ANYWHERE. I just have to have them. Next time, I'm bringing cat food to Nathan's house. Well, finished at 12 and had the rest of the day to myself! I was so excited until I started feeling really weak and exhausted. In an "I'm getting sick" kind of way. I layed in bed for next to three hours when I got home, made Dustin feed me to get my strength up and got some cuddles from my dog. When my strength returned, I helped Dustin sew his patches onto his jacket and had coffee again with Andrea at 5:30. I listened to some delicious Kid Cudi on the way home. Touched up one of Dustin's tattoos and gave another one to sally of a little skeleton crawling up her wrist. I'll get pictures of those to share sometime :)

As far as the pictures of my finger waves goes, I totally let myself down. They came out way too ridiculous to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment