Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Five on Friday


An informal invitation via Danielle Hampton's blog has encouraged me to make a list of five things I'm loving. So, five things I'm loving this friday!

1. Bob's Burgers. Funniest new cartoon of 2011 and I am an absolute sucker for not only comedy, but cartoons. I was really good about following it religiously on Sunday nights, but sadly, somewhere it slipped through my fingers and I missed a few and now I'm waiting on the new season. A burger joint run by a family man and his nasal wife and three insanely awkward/strange kids, next to a funeral home. It's a great combination. Catch the fever!

2. My diet lately. I haven't been dieting, but I have been fine-tuning what I've been eating and it is making me feel wonderful. My skin is nice and clear, my stomach pains are few and I have the positive energy I need to get things done around my place. Mihaela, the mom of the boy I babysit, is an organic health food nut and is always encouraging me to try her cooking. She is amazing, but today she made the most incredible smoothie. Tasted like apples, bananas and strawberries, but it also contained celery, spinach and kale. So good for you and so tasty. I'll be demanding it as payment from now on.

3. The radio. I have been hitting the jackpot lately with good songs at just the right time in which most cases I never, ever do. I usually end up going through every station about three or four times around and not find a thing, but the past week or two it's been nothing but awesome, awesome, awesome. I landed on Journey, David Bowie and Queen, Blondie, and, yes, LMFAO. Guilty pleasure noted. No - I don't believe in guilty pleasures. Like what you like and don't you feel bad about it! Country music scored some good songs in my book as well. Oh, Reba.

4. My pets. I first got my cat, Tessy, when I lived in Seattle. I adopted her from an elderly woman who could no longer keep her and I brought her back to California with me when I moved. After Dustin and I started dating, we road tripped to Laughlin and found a house that bred ferrets and we snatched up the first one that was brought out to us; Ferret Bueller. Then we moved in together and Tessy HATED Ferret. Hissing, batting at him, running away. Eventually she just learned to avoid him. Then we got Haven. Our one 1/2 year old border collie, a rescue from a homeless shelter. She and Ferret loved each other instantly and are always playing. But Tessy then hated the dog. Its been a few months since we've all been living together and Tessy is finally at ease with Ferret and Haven. Dustin fell asleep on my shoulder while watching tv this afternoon and all three of our loved ones crawled onto the bed with us and all fell asleep together. No animal angst. Just preciousness.

5. Daydreaming. So cheesy, but I swear, I've been doing it almost non-stop these days for some reason and I must say that it is just the most beautiful feeling. It puts me in the greatest mood and I become so much more calm and positive. My daydreams tend to be about the same things: about my next apartment and what it will look like when I decorate it, getting new cats, tattooing and getting tattooed and a lot of nature imagery. Like, sunshine and grass and trees and streams and just getting lost in it all. I'm doing it right now. Geez. How wonderful is daydreaming? You know you do it.

Those are my five :) Thanks, Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment