Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Its coming on



Since my first day in the new year went so well, I thought I'd keep the streak going and have a date night with Dustin and a day date with my good friend, Andrea. Dustin and I went to see We Bought A Zoo and I thought that it was just the most visually stunning movie I've seen in a long while. I think that there was something about the charming old house they moved into and the way the lighting was captured during the daytime shots. Just gorgeous. And all the grass and the trees and exotic animals. It was everything I wanted and more (Thomas Haden Church).

My day date with Andrea was the next day (yesterday) and we decided to keep it light and just grab some coffee. The movie was my main topic of discussion and in the midst of our conversation, she mentions to me - can't beleive I forgot that she told me before - that the movie was shot entirely on her boyfriends ranch. She had just started dating him when I hung out with her last since she had been burried by a semesters worth of schoolwork. I completely forgot that she had told me all about it! That her boyfriend lived on a ranch that his parents managed and that they were filming, "some zoo movie...with a bunch of animals." I'm so excited because they've both invited me to come out and see it this weekend and I was surprised to hear how close it was. Andrea also told me that there are several houses on the ranch that were briefly featured in the movie and that she and her boyfriend wanted to move into one of them, so I'm dying to see. And I also can't wait because Andrea said she wants me to come out and help her decorate when they do :)

Yep, 2012 has been pretty exciting for me so far. I'm also waiting to recieve a phone call from a potential job, but shhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment