Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A quiet day

I have a few great reasons to be excited about this weekend. I'll be getting a visit from some old high school friends that I haven't seen in a long, long time tomorrow. They're sisters and their family owns a sushi restaurant the next town over and we'll probably be going there for some good food and a sweet deal no doubt. On Monday, I'll be visiting my friend Andrea'd boyfriend's ranch like I posted about before (the one they filmed We Bought A Zoo on) and I'll be bringing Dustin! Double date high-five. I'm really excited to spend more time with Andrea because we really hit it off since we've been hanging out more. I need more girl friends closer to me and she's definitely in that category.

Today has been a nice, slow change of pace since the beginning of the new year. I slept in, walked the dog and am currently updating :) Here are 20 different get-to-know-me pieces of information, thanks to Carly at her blog, Carly Kmyta.

1. I love cats. I'm more of a cat person than anything else.

2. I'm not the kind of girl that paints her nails. It's the one girly thing I never really get around to doing.

3. I love having the heater on. All the time and right next to me.

4. I'm a subscriber to BUST magazine. It contains great artcles on feminism in mainstream media, great recipes, great crafts and awesome interviews.

5. I have a strange infatuation with alligators.

6. Spicy food is always my food of choice. Enjoying it while I'm young.

7. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 18.

8. I hated shrimp when I was little and now it's one of my favorite menu items.

9. New England is the only part of the country I haven't visited.

10. I'm from Ilwaco, Washington. A town named after a Chinook Indian Chief. Across the
river is Astoria, Oregon where I was born - made famous by The Goonies.

11. I'm really into taxidermy and collecting animals bones.

12. I love to garden.

13. In terms of going out to get breakfast, I will ALWAYS order French toast.

14. Pink lemonade > regular lemonade

15. I've never broken a bone or been stung by a bee.

16. I've mentioned food three times. I really like food.

17. Elephants are my favorite animal.

18. I swore a LOT as a kid - and on videotape. Thanks, dad.

19. I'm good at decorating cakes.

20. Any craftiness I have in me, I get from my mom.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment