Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Feeding ducks & petting kitties

I woke up unresonably early this morning considering how late I went to bed last night (ahem, 1:30am). I woke up before my 8:30 alarm to get ready for church which let me wake up slowly and comfortably in bed and with the tv remote within reach. Dustin had promised to come to church with me, but I can tell in the mornings when he's had a hard time sleeping because he'll end up sleeping on the floor by the heater and I'll wake up the only one in bed. I decided not to wake him up and take the dog for a walk. Haven has been burning us out with excess energy this week and Dustin and I are on the edge of our seats with her. And for some reason our cat, Tessy, has been the same way - only with excess meowing. Incessantly, morning, noon and night. It used to be just because we left the toilet seat down and she wants us to open it so she can drink out of it (gross, catdog) but we have no idea what her deal is lately. But she's also been extra loving and cuddly which is sweet. She fell asleep on the back of my shoulder yesterday morning while I was lying on my stomach. Aww.




These are photos of the cat that hangs around my employer's backyard :) This is not Tessy

Well, I went to church. I had lunch with my friend from church, Naomie, yesterday. We had such a good talk and covered so much in just an hour of conversation. I was looking forward to seeing her at church this morning since I'd be going alone, but lo and behold, I couldn't find her. I ended up sitting by myself between a couple of the elderlies that frequent the church. It was only as I was leaving did I see Naomie's car and realized I must have just not seen her. Of course, today was one of the rare occasions in which I left my phone at home, or I might have been able to find her. I had two text messages from her when I got home. Drat!

On the way home I got to thinking about what I might think of for Dustin and I do to today since we both have free time today when I drove by the park that we used to go to all the time when we first started dating and fed the ducks and geese there. It's a beautiful, sunny day today and I'm not passing it up. So we're going to the park again in a little bit and we have - wait for it - a whole loaf of bread for duck-feeding! I'm really looking forward to sitting by the little pond and seeing all the little ducks turn their heads and swim up to us when they realize they're in for a treat. I'll share with you more tomorrow :)

Get your posts done and enjoy this gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment